Notice how the chicken protrude out of the cheesy top? Try putting all the chicken slices (meant for two persons) into a single plate!
Surprisingly, the end product was pretty good and nothing like an 'experiment' to me. The rice was slightly on the saltish side (I shouldn't have stir-fried it with light soy sauce as the salt from the concentrated cream sauce will give it the necessary flavour it needs). Other than that, it was a yummy treat for me. :)
- 1/2 cup of cooked rice
- Mixed vegetables (carrot, corn, peas)
- Sliced Chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup of mushroom cream sauce
- 1 cup of mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- Few drops of sesame oil
- dashes of pepper
1) Cook the rice
2) Marinade the chicken and set aside for 30 minutes
3) Preheat oven to 200 degree celcius
While waiting for the preheating to complete,
4) Stir fry/blanch mixed vegetables and mix well with rice
5) Place the mixture of rice and vegetables in a casserole (or in my case, plate)
6) Spread 1/2 of cream sauce over the mixture
7) Stir-fry chicken pieces
8) Add chicken pieces on top
9) Spread remaining cream sauce
10) Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese generously to cover all the ingredients in the plate.
11) Bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese turns to a beautiful brown.