Monday, June 18, 2007

Vegetarian Fried Rice

I wanted to cook porridge today, but I had to choose fried rice instead.

Fried rice is especially useful when I am cooking dishes that I am not too confident of. To elaborate, if one of the side dishes I have cooked doesn't turn out good, I still have the fried-rice to fall back on. Fried rice is 'self-sufficient' and is a 'so good, you can even eat it on its own' staple. :P Most importantly, I have hardly gone wrong cooking this one-dish meal. It's a safe bet. :)



Ingredients
  • 1 cup Rice (cooked overnight so that it will be easier to manage)
  • 3 tbsp of mixed vegetables (comprising green peas, carrots and corns)
  • 3 tbsp of mock ham cubes
  • 5 tbsp of mock char siew (cut into cubes)
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil


Mixture

  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp dark soy sauce (for colour)
  • 1/4 tsp pepper
  • 6 tbsp water

Method
1) Heat oil in high heat
2) Add mock char siew and ham cubes, followed by mixed vegetables
3) Pour rice into the wok
4) Add mixture
5) Mix thouroughly

No comments: