Monday, June 04, 2007

Sweet and Sour (Mock) Chicken

My hubby wanted me to cook exactly the same dishes as last week because he loved every single dish. Aw... so sweet of him. ;)

I never had such a request from him before, so I agreed to go along with his suggestion. On second thoughts, I thought I would change one dish. For variety's sake and so that I can do a blog. :P

Instead of the Gong Bao Ji Ding, I decided to use the tomato (from last week) to do a sweet and sour dish instead. Wala, it turned out not bad! My hub likes it and commented that it is quite an improvement from my last sweet and sour dish. Still, I feel that I can be better. :P



















Ingredients


  • Mock Chicken
  • 1 Chilli (cut into triangles)
  • 1/2 Tomato (sliced)
  • 1 tbsp oil
  • 1 tsp garlic
Sauce Mixture

  • 3 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp chilli sauce
  • 1 tsp light soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp sesame oil
  • 3/4 cup water

Method

1) Roast the Mock Chicken in Healsio (as always) for 15 minutes
2) Heat Oil and stir fry garlic and chilli slices until fragrant
3) Add Sauce mixture and simmer till it bubbles
4) Pour in the roasted mock chicken so that it will absorb the sweetness of the sauce.
5) Add tomato slices about 10 seconds before turning the fire off and serve.

No comments: