Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Fried Mushroom

"You must have vegetarian food for breakfast on the first day of Chinese New Year. It's a tradition.", my mother instructed.

I had mee sua soup with mushrooms last year. So for variety's sake, I decided to fry the mushroom this time round. It turned out great! The best thing is, it's so easy to prepare and cook!



Ingredients
  • Mushrooms
  • Flour
  • Salt
Method

1) Soften the dried mushroom by soaking them in the water
2) Cut into strips
3) Squeeze the mushroom dry
4) Coat the mushroom with flour
5) Deep fry
6) Drain and sprinkle with salt while the mushrooms are still hot

I couldn't help popping the fried mushrooms into my mouth and only stopped when I realised that it will not be enough for the breakfast the next day. Opps! :P

No comments: