Saturday, February 23, 2008

Perfect Fairy Cakes

Baking cakes is by no means an easy task for me. I tried baking a cake for my hub two years back. It wasn't that bad but it definitely needs improvement.

So I decided to sign up the course organised by Perfect Fairy Cakes to at least understand where went wrong :P

As much as I would like to, I will not be posting the recipes online. I gotta be fair to the instructor for this course, ya? :) I will also not be giving my comments on whether this class is worth attending. It's kinda subjective, I feel.


These are some of the photos taken during a cupcake lesson at Perfect Fairy Cakes.

Cappuccino Cupcakes (Cheesecake Topping) - 7/10




Cappuccino Cupcakes (Cream cheese topping) - 8/10



I am pretty happy with the swirl I did. :)

Mexican Wedding Cookie - 7/10



Apple Crumble (9/10)

I did not have the chance to take a picture of the apple crumble because everybody was busy eating this dessert immediately after it was out from the oven. It was reeaaally good!

After this lesson, I can further confirm that I am just not cut out for baking cakes. I am glad that my hub and I are not really avid cakes fans. :P

Meanwhile, the apple crumble will be my first 'project'. That is, if I can find the time... Till then! :)

No comments: