Monday, April 30, 2007

Mock Chicken with Mushroom Sauce

The sauce recipe I found online nearly destroyed my taste buds with the very very huge portion of oyster sauce. It's either a typo error or some act of mischief. In any case, I was quite skeptical of the recipe and decided to try half the suggestion portion. Even then, it was way too saltish for any human tongue. I was lucky to be able to remedise the situation to turn it into a nice sauce fit for consumption.


















Ingredients

  • Mock Chicken
  • Mushroom (cut into small slices)
Mixture for sauce

  • 1 tbsp (not 12!) oyster sauce
  • 1 tsp dark soy sauce
  • 1 tsp sugar
  • 1/2 tsp black pepper
  • 1/2 small bowl of stock
  • 1/2 tbsp sweet soy sauce
Method

1) Put Mock chicken in Healsio and set to roast for 10 minutes
2) Cook sauce and mushroom until the gravy bubbles
3) Add Mock chicken to sauce while the fire is still on (I separated the mock chicken and sauce because my hub came back late. Don't want it to turn soggy). Serve.

No comments: