Monday, May 07, 2007

French Beans with Mock Meat

These french beans are all that I am left with after throwing more than half of the originals away (it was kept for a week from last week's buy. :P)


















The remaining still looks pretty fresh eh? And I think it really attributes to my Fisher and Paykel fridge. It keeps my food at such low temperatures (even when adjusted to 'normal') that some of my food actually freezes in the fresh food compartment!

Anyways. Despite the lack in quantity, we were well compensated in the quality. I kind of like the taste that I have 'concocted' this round. Many websites recommended deep frying so I decided to give it a try instead of the usual blanching and stir-frying. It was a risk I had to take for facing either a wipe-it-out or a remain-intact situation on the plate. Phew, Ain't I glad that it's the former! :)

Ingredients
  • French Beans
  • Carrot (looks better in strips in this dish. Preferably of same size as the french beans.)
  • Mock Meat (it's my 'vegetarian' day of the week again)
  • Ginger (Garlic would taste as good, if not, better)
  • 2 tbsp cooking oil
Seasonings (varies according to how much main ingredients you have. I had small quantities)
  • 1/2 tbsp Tau Cheo
  • 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
  • 1/2 cup stock (soy beans)
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
Method
1) Heat oil in medium high heat until it is slightly bubbling
2) Fry ginger for 30 seconds
3) Change to medium heat and stir-fry carrot for another 30 seconds
4) Add French Beans and mock meat
5) When the ingredients are nearly cooked, add the seasonings
6) Stir fry till the stock are almost dried up.
7) Serve. We had congee (beh) to go along.

No comments: