Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Pork in Gravy

I cooked this dish with reference to aromacookery, a website I chanced upon quite some time back, when I was looking for recipes. I was a fan of this website and the blogger. It's a pity that she has stopped blogging. I guess she must has really been very busy.

In any case, I didn't follow closely the recipe that she has placed on her website. The following is just my own variation.

My hub likes this dish and kept pinching food from this dish when I was still cooking. Heh! I find it ok too, but I don't really like the hoisin sauce taste.


The photo below is not well taken. I shouldn't have kept so close to the food while taking the shoot. The real thing looks much better.



















Ingredients


  • 1 Packet of Pork Loin
  • 2 Onions
  • 1 tbsp garlic
  • 1 chilli (shredded)
Seasonings

3/4 cup of stock/water
1 tbsp Hoisin Sauce

1 tbsp flour
3 tbsp water

Mixture

1 tbsp Oyster sauce
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1 tsp Pepper
1/2 tbsp Cooking Wine
1 tsp Sesame Oil

Method

1) Marinate meat in Mixture and keep in fridge for at least 30 minutes
2) Heat oil in high heat
3) Stir-fry garlic and onion in medium high heat*
4) Stir-fry pork until it changes colour
5) Add seasonings and chilli simmer for 1 minute
6) Thicken with flour and water
7) Serve

Garlic fried in high heat makes the dish taste better because it brings out the fragrance, but Caution! my hand was scalded by splattering garlics. This is the photo taken after 2 days. The mark is still there. *sobs* :(

No comments: