Monday, May 07, 2007

Tau Pok in Black Soy Sauce

This went very well with the congee (beh) we had. :) I like this dish because it is simple to prepare and cook. I just have to dump everything in and let it simmer. Not much monitoring is required... ;)




















Ingredients
12 Tau Poks (It was a mistake [shhh...] that I threw all 12 in, but we actually finished up all!)
5 pieces Mock Chicken
A few large slices of ginger
3 cups of water

Seasonings
1 tbsp Dark Soy Sauce
2 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
1/2 tsp Sugar
Salt to taste (optional. I don't add that as I try to keep my meals as healthy as possible. Sometimes at the expense of taste. :P)

Method
1) Boil 3 cups of water in a claypot
2) Add ginger and mock chicken
3) Add seasonings
4) Add tau pok
5) Simmer

I love the succulent taste of the mock chicken. The feeling of biting onto the juicy tau pok as the hot gravy oozed out, is simply shiok. kekeke

No comments: