Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Pork and Potato in Tomato Sauce

This dish would have been better if I had stick to pork loin. But I can't help it. The pork cubes looked so cute and everything is cut nicely for me. I just have to skin away those fats. Tell me, who doesn't like the easy way out? However, I would say that it is a compromise on the taste as it wasn't as tender. Heng my mother and hub find it quite nice and finished up the dish! ^^



















Ingredients
  • Pork Loin (cut into cubes)
  • 1 Potato (cut into cubes)
  • 1 Onion (cut into quarters)
  • 1 Chilli (cut)
  • 1/2 tomato (quarters)
  • 2 tsp chopped garlic
  • 1 tbsp oil

Mixed Seasonings
  • 3 tbsp tomato sauce
  • 2 tbsp chilli sauce
  • 1/2 small bowl of water
  • 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 1/2 tsp sugar
Method

1) Blanch potato in water until it's moderately, but not fully soft
2) Stir fry chopped garlic and onion in 1 tbsp of oil
3) Add and cook pork* till it has changed colour
4) Pour mixed seasoning and chilli into the wok
5) Cook until the gravy bubbles
6) Do not overcook the pork. Serve immediately.

*Add stock if you are not using a non-stick wok like me. >_<

No comments: